The plumber also installed the vanities.
It is nice to be able to wash my hands, rather than cleaning my hands with hand sanitizer. Although, the day we had hot water from letting a black bag out in the sun all day, was pretty nice.
The plumber had to negotiate some issues with the sink drains. I am using air admittance valves rather than running vent pipes from each trap, and the sinks needed to be offset from the drain line for everything to work easily, but I had put the drain lines and lights pretty much in line. That meant that when we put the sinks where they were supposed to be the drains were right in front of the drain coming out of the wall and he had to add some extra fittings to line things up properly.
While the plumber was having fun, my dad and I worked on some other things. We got the hood installed for over the range.
We also got the light switches on the kitchen wall wired up. So, now I can turn on power to the hood, though that is of little use at this point. It also means that I can turn on the lights on the dining room wall.
Saturday, we spent more time going and buying stuff, than actually constructing. We bought and cut the panels for covering the columns. We still have to cut holes for the outlets and lights, but we are hoping we can get some done tomorrow. I have my baseboard material ordered now. With the exception of one light for the hall, I have all the rest of my light fixtures purchased.
Sunday, Matt came out, and gave us a hand working with the cabinets that will go on either side of the window seat. He also helped dad get the panel cut for the front of the chase over the kitchen counter. We needed to cut holes in the cabinets for the boxes that will take power to the lights I am going to have, and to the switches which will control the outside lights, and the the dining room lights. We did the cutting outside to minimize mess in the house.
We positioned and mounted the first cabinet. Yes, the cabinet is pretty vertical, I have some sort of optical illusion going on there. Well tomorrow hopefully, we will get some of the columns covered, and I can start putting up lights in more rooms.