As we got started, I spotted a couple things that I wanted a picture of. First, we had a visitor to the site this morning...
The toad pays a visit
Then I spotted that some of the wild flowers have started to bloom. So I took some photos...
Lovely purple flowers
We secured the north east corner, and then also secured the seams running down the north wall.
We didn't take time to trim the furring strips down for where we secured the seams.
We also added a bit more to the south west corner, to better secure it, and to keep is from flapping in the wind.
Another furring strip on the south west
In the afternoon, my dad and I worked on redistributing the sand bags, and adding more stuff to hold the tarps down on top. We also put boards along the seams, in an attempt to keep the wind from getting to the seams.
Large boards got added onto the roof, to try to keep the tarps from billowing so much.
It was a constant battle with the wind. I need the dirt for my roof! That would hold the tarps down.
The last thing we did, was to redo the ties on the south side, to try to pull the tarp in closer to the bottom of the overhang, and hopefully reduce the flapping there.
Tarps pulled up away from the windows.
Now I need to figure out the coordination on all the work that needs to be done, so the roof can be burried.