Friday, December 4, 2009

Ready for tubing, lots of tubing

Well, today didn't go quite as planned. I was delayed getting to the property, and when I did, I only had about an hour to work before it was too dark to check my measurements. The concrete guys look to be ready to pour, once we have the PEX layed out. They also need a day that is warm enough. Since the concrete will be my finished floor, once it is stained, it is important that the pour goes well.


The only area that doesn't have foam, is the garage.

I talked to Newt. We decided since I am not heating the floor in the garage, to forgo the foam under it. All the forms are in place to do the first pour. They have the forms set up, so that they can pour all the living area, and the slab for the utility room, which will be 2 inches lower. We are doing this, so if there is a leak in there, it is unlikely to go into the rest of the house.

I tried to lay out where the walls, and other things are. However one person, trying to get accurate measurements with tape measures sitting on top of wire mesh, well lets just say it was not that productive. So tomorrow, Newt and I are going to get an early start. We are probably going to build a fire to try to warm ourselves, and the PEX. We will just have to see how things go. We will discuss a couple issues, such as exactly how the front door is going to play into the poured concrete, and get things marked. Hopefully, we will also be able to lay a good amount of the PEX tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had quite a job today. It was cold, but at least it stayed dry.

    Can you be at the next anime meeting? It's the Christmas Party and I have an announcement to make.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete